Sunday, 15 February 2009

2009 so far...

Hello again...sorry its taken me sooooo long. I guess laziness is to blame,but hey, at least im honest :) Well....its been a lovely year so far with a lovely hiliday to start us off, lots of interesting weather, birthdays, anniversaries and baptisms. Its been lovely with nothing to complain about at all. So, heres a few pictures to fill you in.

Ok so this is the snow that fell in just one evening...now it might not look like much but first, in England snow is rare enough and second, in Bristol snow is even more rare. So, we were very excited to wake up to this!! It provided lots of fun and even a day off work...the perks of working in school :) heres a few more snow pictures for you...

Our bristol city snowman-He has a sweet potatoe for his nose. I know...we don't even have children :)He also has a huge bulge which was realy difficult to get rid of!

This is davids car at the beginning of the day....it was super deep al over...this is with the window open so you can imagine how hard the snow was to stand up on its own :)

So this is one of my favourite times in the snow so far...flippin sledging. Thanks to the harrops we finally managed to give it a try in their huge back yard. It was so much fun.I looked like a complete idiot and i tried going on the sledge and so i decided to throw myself down after David instead. Much more fun :)

This was in the school garden...the very first time it snowed. It wasn't very deep then but was certainly fun especially with all the children. Check out the funky hat :)
Ok, on to other exciting things...I had the most amazing luck to be able to get hold of some tickets to go see Britains got talent being filmed. OH MY WORD...it was amazing!! I actually saw Simon cowell in the flesh. and also, just to make it more exciting, we got given box seats right at the front so we had the best views of everthign and everyone. Een ant and Dec...I was so star struck. Heres a few pictures...
Ashley and I squealed with excitement when we walked into our box...we were like 'No flippin way'...i so was NOT dressed for the occasion but my cheering and chanting made up for that.

Not the best picture but hey, who cares, i saw them in real life...he's nicer too than on TV.

If you can't see for yourself, ant is looking directly at US...ARGGGHHHHHHHH!!!

Me with the three X's behind me...yay...however, they were SOOOO loud when they got buzzed!

OK, another lovely thing, as i said earlier, was our holiday over the New year to centre parcs. It was lovely and relaxing and we ate way too much delicious food. It was, however, freeing cold. For exmple...this picture shows me holding a bit of the pond in my hand. CRAZY.

However, the cold didn't stop us from swimming every day in the outdoor pool :) It was nice just to be together and relax, read, sleep, eat, walk and swim. we also had Davids family come visit us for a day whilst we were there...which of course gave us more reason to eat :)

Pancakes with the Patersons :)
OK, the next (and for now i think last) think is the baptism of two amazing peole in our ward. This is Jean and Rosene. Seriously, I love these guys and have been blessed enough to watch, teach and be part of their progression in the church. So, yesterday they were baptised and it was fab. Tey were so happy and sweet and are so eager to learn more about their role on earth. I look forward to watching them...and our other investigators...progress further.

Jean, Rosenne and Me...awwww, i love these guys.
Well....thats it for now i think...other than one thing...I just want to remind you of how lucky I am to have my wonderful husband david! We celebrated our 3rd wedding anniversary last week and we didn't buy gifts, or go out to celebrate or anything...we just spent time together and chatted about marriage so far. I am constantly reminded of how blessed we are and I love him sooo much. I'm looking forward to eternity with him :) So heres us...scruffy as we look but desperatly in Love :)
Hope your all doing well and enjoying life...I know that I am :)

3 comments:

Anna said...

Aaaahhhhh......brings a tear to my eye all that romance....glad you're doing well, it's been a while since we had a chat! xxxxxxxxxx

Kerrin and Dave said...

So, first of all, it's Dac thats looking right at you and secondly, I can't believe you sent yourself a christmas card!!! lol, great update tho :)

The Paterson Family said...

im confused....sent myself a christmas card?!?!?