Well so far this year has proven to be pretty lazy and food fulfilling :) after celebrating new years eve we decided to spend the first day of the year asleep....or trying to sleep. david did ok but waking up to feed a baby every 2.5 hours kind of took the rest fullness away for a while. However, it was nice just spending the day with just the three of us. On new years eve we played a game that asked us to write down three new years resolutions....for the first time ever i think, i decided to think about what i actually wanted to accomplish this year. I've been so lucky in my life to have accomplished every big thing i wanted....that now it almost feels like i have to make things up. However, last year brought around our own little miracle and a huge bunch of blessings so this year i decided to use them as a prompt to make my first resolution:
1.Remember/Record the small things that make you smile!!
I figured having been so blessed that its important to remember the blessings individually and not just as a whole or only the large blessings! So my journals are out and i'm going to jot things down as and when they happen. For my next goal...well its pretty bog standard really
2. Tone up!!!
See really i should put lose weight and tone up but i just know that as soon as i write that im failing as it makes me hungry :) Having just had a baby though i'm a little bit wobbly in places that i shouldn't be...well i guess its the right places to be wobbly but not for me if ya know what i mean :) So we have a lovely park just at the bottom of the garden pretty much and so Josh and I will be out and about regularly i think...and David if he can be bothered :)
3. Sing and dance more!
Sounds silly i know but this is the one thing i miss about my YSA (young single adult for those who don't know) days. I loved dances and generally just moving around a lot. So, I've plugged in my stereo and the Beatles and in there and I'm getting ready to dance the year away....it might help ion the toning department too if I'm lucky!
Well thats it for goals!! Onto news....
I just have to say congratulations to one of my bestest friends Kerrin and her husband Dave. she gave birth to the lovely Seth on new years day and I'm so pleased for them. He looks lush and I'm so excited to meet him. Its strange...this is the first Christmas we haven't been home to Mcr due to Joshua being born and recovering from that, but I've really missed it-friends, family, the place. And now I've missed Kerrins new arrival. However, i want her to know (if she reads this) that im SOOOOOOO happy for them and that absence really does make the heart grow fonder :)
Kerrin And Istaying on the baby news, I'll upload another few pictures of Joshua...who is turning very quickly into a proper boy baby as well as a mummy's boy. He is so lush and has me wrapped around my little finger. It kills me when his bottom lip wobbles and he bleats like a little sheep. But he is getting better at not wanting to be held so much and relaxing himself. I can't believe he is 6 weeks old tomorrow already....that has flown by so fast. Its scary...I dont want him to grow up yet...although less crying might be nice! So here goes...
Christmas Day with his daddy....David always rubs noses with him and Josh is really starting to respond to it :)
Not at all interested in one of the many toys grandma Shirley bought him...but still cute!And thats enough taking pictures....A second later he was screaming the house down!!
Like I said, I can't believe how much he has changed. but I also can't believe how much we both Love him!!
I hope you all have an amazing new year...we're hoping for lots of magical moments both as a couple and as a family. Life is good...and we don't want to waste it!!
HAPPY NEW YEAR!!
1 comment:
Your little one is a super cutie
Post a Comment