Tonight i attended our stake conference. Im ashamed to say that i origionally didnt want to attend as watching the football was my number one priority. However, my mother in law was asked to speak at it and so with Joshy being in bed, david stayed home (convieniently) and i went along on my own!
I LOVED IT! i was tr=hroughly uplifted and felt that actually not having joshy there was perfect becasue i managed to listen and learn and just enjoy!
It was focued on gratitude for the gospel of Jesus Christ. I was then put into gratitude mode and i realised just how much i have and how much I have to be thankful for each day. Its been a weekend for gratitude, and i am grateful for the reminder that I have a loving Father in Heaven who cares for my family and I and that because of Jesus Christ, I can have my family with my forvever.
I got home to find that Joshy was already in bed. For the first time, i just had to go into him and hold him for a while. And actually, as i walked towards his room i heard him calling 'mamma'. As soon as i opened the door he held his arms up for a cuddle. We sat on the rocking chair and i asked him if i could sing I am a child of God to which he replied 'yeah' with a big smile :) 3 times later, he was just cuddling and i reflected again on just how blessed we are to have him in our lives!
I hope i never forget that moment! I hope i never take him for granted. or my husband who I love so much! Neither of us are perfect but I know that we are perfect for each other! Eternal blessings are the best.
Im glad i went to conference. I'll be sure to go again every year now!
And guess what.... We lost the football anyway!
No comments:
Post a Comment