I picked samuel up from nursery on Wednesday at 6pm. By 6.15 I noticed he was very chesty and he had a barking type cough. Now,I'm not too much of a worried and as I knew Samuel had suffered croup twice before ,i gave him paracetamol and put him to bed. He didn't last too long and he ended up in with me till he finally fell asleep at 6am. At 9am I called our doctor and made an appointment suggesting it was croup and medication could just be left to pick up. The doctor called me back and said he would see him. We were in 5 minutes before he called an ambulance to take Sam to the children's hospital. His breathing deteriorated and he was very concerned. So off we went ambulance and all, to have steroids pumped into Sam as his life box was swelling. I was right with the croup but just wasn't aware w bad he had it. He promptly threwp the antibiotics a few to,es and steroids too. His temp was very high and he was quite obviously not well. As soon as the steroids stayed down he got better pretty quick. We had 5.5 hours in hospital and stole a couple of bananas before we were finally allowed home. Samuel, and I, were exhausted. They gave him a bed. He just had no energy poor kid-but he is on the mend and now taking his meds fine. Onwards and upwards. Now to deal with Davey and the man flu ha ha
No comments:
Post a Comment