Seen as joshy is only 5 I think I'm allowed to blow his trumpet as a proud mummy! Now, we've spoken about the school chart before. I hate it! However one thing I'm learning to love about but is thatnia provides us with a way tondiscuss what he has done in the day and to judge how it went for him. For example; without the chart I ask ' how was your day'... 'Ok' is the response. So I move on 'Tell me what you did today' 'can't remember'. I swore I wouldn't get frustrated and so decided to use the stupid chart. So now I say 'where are you on the chart'. He then proceeds to say where he is, which is usually up from the cloud where all the children start, to the rainbow or the sun. Occasionally hitting the stars. Then we ask 'well what did you do to get there'... And most times he remembers and a conversation arises. So yes, my relationship with said chart is one I could do without but I'm learning to love.
Anyway, my point. The past few weeks Joshy has impressed us with what he has been rewarded for. Beautiful singing/dancing, excellent sounds, fantastic reading. One this week was explaining to his class what an author and illustrator does. And one was for writing all kn his own the names of things on a piece of paper he found in the classroom which consisted of jet, girl, cat, dog etc. I may be a bias mother but some if these things I'm impressed with.
So today, I went to his Friday morning assembly and because he reached the stars (the author thing blew the teacher away) he got a prize and got a clap in assembly. He was so proud!
There's my little dude so cute and smiley and small ha!!
He's a sensitive little thing but he is doing so so well most days! I'm so proud! And if I had a trumpet if play it loud and clear!
No comments:
Post a Comment