Sunday, 7 September 2008

The story of a fish...

OK...so last week i was sat in the most boring training EVER...and so i got to do a little bit of day dreaming. I wanted to write a story that i could use with the children to help them recognise something good (at the time i didnt know what, i just let my mind wander)...anyway, it turned out to be friends...and so this is what happened:

'Harold was a little fish, his scales would grow and grow
and everywhere that Harold went, the bubbles were sure to go.
The bubbles follwed every day, they even went to school
The bubbles never went away but always kept the rules.
But then one day, the fishy friend was floating with a frown
and very slowly,very sure, the bubbles had slowed down.
One by one each bubble popped and down and down fish fell,
he knew when all the bubbles popped he wouldnt feel well.
And then one day a friend swam by and helped him turn around,
he wasn't facing downwards now, or heading for the ground.
Instead he saw his bubbles raise, it made him feel quite glad,
Because he had his friends around, he didnt feel sad.
They helped him daily,made him laugh and made sure he was well,
and very soon he swam around, his scales looking swell.
And thats the story of a fish,who learnt that through a friend
even when the bubbles pop, you can make it to the end' :)

OK...thats it...all opinions gladly welcomed...he he...how random!!

4 comments:

Nicole said...

That is awesome Karen! I love it!!

irishkaren said...

so cute, I wish I had that kinda talent

Unknown said...

I love love love love love the fish story!!!! Well done! I think you should draw some pictures and make it into a book. I totally love it.

Kerrin and Dave said...

haha, you're a geek! Concentrate in your training sessions young lady! And quit watching Finding Nemo...

Great poem though:)