Today's learning came through the study of John the Baptist...well more about Elisabeth and Mary but I got distracted by John the baptist. As a missionary I had many opportunities to learn and teach about prophets...he was never one I focused on and now I'm not sure why. I mean, He prophesied of Christ and was a walking talking example of how to prepare to meet Christ. Yet for some reason I dont think I have ever listed him in my list of prophets. Why is that? Luke one tells us that His father had pronounced this blessing on him :
'And thou, child, shalt be called the prophet of the Highest: for thou shalt go before the face of the Lord to a his ways' (luke 1:76)
So why is he not in the answer to 'which prophets do we know?' adam,Noah Abraham, moses....Where is John? Seriously, from now on, He is in my top 3 :)
(John the Baptist and Christ)
No comments:
Post a Comment