Really quick entry so I dont forget...Yesterday I KNOW i learnt something but becasue i never wrote it down, I have forgotten. So i thought I would do todays whilst it is fresh in my head!
In Relief Society today we talked about some of the characters of the NAtivity. Two I was really struck with was Mary and the Inn keeper. One of te ldires talked about how hard it must of been for her to watch Christ being persecuted. As a person I had alsways known and thought this....as a mother I felt if and I was that extra bit more careful ...and will continue to be...as to how i think of Mary and her relationship with her son. I also thought about how hard it must of been for her to hear that other peoples babies were being killed because wicked people were hunting for hers. CRAZY!! can you imagine the guilt she must of felt for the other families and the fear for her own!
Regarding the Inn keeper we talked about how all the inn keepers in Bethlenhem (and other places) would of probably been rubbing their hands together for extre pennies. Random I know but i thought this was a pretty interesting fact to think about and I wonder whether the in keeper felt any remorse for turning Mary and Joseph away and if so, whether it was for the right reasons or that he might of wanted a few extra pennies in his pocket. I wonder...
Anyway...off to wach the Christmas Message! Happy Sunday xx
No comments:
Post a Comment