Friday, 3 December 2010

Day two...

'Without Christ, there is no Christmas. Without Christ, there is no Joy'
As discussed earlier, Im trying to change my attitudeand learn something new every day. I tried hard all day to ind something I leanrt. But it came in an unexpected way.
One of the ways i know wil help is to study more. So i decided to pretend I had been given a talk to do...this was my theme...'Why Joy at Christmas?'. I ofen wonder why people are happier at Christmas time, even people that dont do reliegion or have family etc. Lets face it, MOST people are happier, with a few exceptions. 
However, I found the above quote by President Hinckley and i suddenly made sence...something that I prob knew all along.
At Christmas we are automatically thinking of Christ more. Whether it be becasue of scripture study, your childs school nativity or christmas music on the radio. Consiously or unconsciously we are thinking of Christ. We are told in the sciptures and bt our Prophets, tha when we have Christ in our minds and we are thinking of Him, we have the Spirit with us! Makes perfect sense. Why Joy ar Christmas...Because we remeber Christ!
'Without Christ, there is no Christmas. Without Christ, there is no Joy'
 
 

2 comments:

Anneliese said...

Thanks for sharing what you've learnt, love it! Love the quote, never thought of that before but it's very true! Thanks xx

Bombshell Char said...

So, last night I went to a Messiah sing in. Singing "Wonderful! Counselor! The Mighty God! The Everlasting Father! The Prince of Peace!" at the top of my lungs reminded me of you and me and the mission. Remember we used to sing that all the time? For no apparent reason? Good times.