Tuesday, 8 March 2011

Welcome Spring...welcome outdoor play!

This week brought the garden back into my life. LAst year whilst on maternity leave i got into planting vegetables and i ended up loving it. So i went seed shopping this week and Joshy and I planted them whilst daddy was at work. I was suprised at how much Joshua joined in actually. I thought it would be a case of him watching then walking away. But he actually copied me shaling the compost into the pots, watering with the can and buring the seeds. I was loving it and so was he...although he did then empty the pots and start again so who knows if the seeds will grow or not. I wish i could have taken pictures but it was a task to keep him on track :) Know that he loved it though! We also cracked out the chalks today and had fun mark making around the garden. I'll add pictures of all this at a later date!
Joshy has recently had the worst sleeping patterns. He literally will be up for 3 hours in the middle of the night and be wide awake. Its hard. Especially when he is so cute. Someone suggested leaving him to cry himself back to sleep. It didnt work. The boy never stops. And actually, i doint think i would if i were his age. When im sad i like company and cuddles and a distraction. MAybe im too soft but we have found that getting him out for cuddles and calming him down for half hour easily beats the crying for 5 hours. He is so so cute in the ngiht too. However, it does leave us tired and somewhat worn out in the daytime. But its getting better and he looks like the three hours awake is turning into one hour. Fingers crossed it leeps getting less and less!
He has also learnt the word yes. So cute...although he has now dropped all othewr words and replaced them with yeh! even in the midst of tears a yeh will stumble out. Soooo cute!
Joshy also has a desire to be naked ALL the time! Like he will be sooo sad if we leave it on especially in the evenings. I toyed around with the idea of potty training but i decided to wait until he can pull his trousers up and other bits until we try get him trained. Until then, its sprinkle time all over the house ha ha. he just loves the feel of the wind on his butt :)
right thats all for now...more soon xx

No comments: