Tuesday, 1 January 2013

New year,new goals,...old me!

It's taken me a lot of years to realise I don't need to set goals for me to change myself every year...or ever. I used to think I had to change who I am to be the person father in heaven wanted me to be. I don't think that now. I think I need to improve. I need to sharpen up a bit and I need to make more effort. I am who I am and that's what makes me me. Loud,opinionated,funny (I hope), and happy with life. I'm not a quick learner, I enjoy cheesy things and I'm a nerd at heart. But I'm happy. And happiness is important.
However, I still feel that goal setting is important in order to accomplish things we want to achieve and to become closer to Christ . So I have set sme some goals.

One- join weight watchers and actually lose weight and stick with it!
Two- keep my blog updated. I love blogging. But I don't prioritise it enough as a record of our life.
Three- dedicate myself to my responsibilities in my church.
Four- Have fun with my children and husband!

I think they are good, achievable goals that will make me a better and happier person for myself and my family!
2012 was good to us and for us.
We started out in January by having some amazing fun over our birthdays. Trips to wells, pa,pering,game nights and yummy foods... Perfect.
February bout about the amazing birth of the amazing Samuel. Always going to make a year good really. And he continues to be awesome!
March and April brought Easter, mothers day and sunny weather. I was spoilt both in gifts and with the ability to enjoy the weather. Being on maternity leave meant I was free to take the boys out and about. I'm glad I did because nice weather was limited this year for sure. I also had a make over done with my sister in law which was lovely and lots of fun.
May took me on a lovely trip to manchester where I was able to share dads birthday, have mini make overs with my mum whilst we kitted her out with make up from mac. I also got spoilt with an iPad, lucky me!
June and July was fun in a doing things at home and spending times with friends kind of way. Nothing big or exciting happened but it was fun to spend time with friends.
August we went on holiday to my parents and brothers caravan. Illness struck so we were all pretty I'll the whole time. My lovely niece also had her christening so we had lots of fun altogether celebrating that . I decided to stay an extra five days in manchester with the boys which was nice. I had a throwing up incident where mum reverted back twenty years to holding my hair back and cuddling me whilst I threw up in the middle of the night. Nice!
September was an exciting month. Isabella turned one so I joined in the celebrations with her and family and friends in manchester. We also decided to send David back to uni and made all kinds of life changing decisions. David started studying at Gloucester university studying history. Samuel also started to crawl. Very cute.
October we moved house to Cheltenham. We lucked out with a big house in the centre. We love it. Our poorly car cost us 300 squid in mot and I applied for a job and got it. Whoooooop.
November joshy started per school. He looked so grown up in his little uniform. Adorable. We also found a nursery for Samuel. Joshua also turned three and we had a gruffalo party... Well, it was meant to be but he didn't care either way, he loved it. I also took joshy on a date to see fireworks. He wasn't keen until we were back in the car and he could see them out of the window. Oh, I also saw twilight. Vital thing to remember!
December I started my new job as a kids club leader. So far so good. Joshy and Samuel went to visit father Christmas in a grotto. Joshy then questioned whether father Christmas was real when he saw him in school the next day, whoops. I made my first Christmas lunch which was a success. We had Shirley and Amy over for Christmas which was nice. We visited manchester and had a catch up with some friends I grew up with. Lovely. And new year we had a little nye party at our house inviting a couple of couples we didn't know so we could get to ow them. It was fun :)

So, the year was good. We start 2013 in a new area with new jobs and studies, and with new church callings. It's al exciting for our family. Let's make it what we want it to be.

Happy new year. From all of us x


No comments: