Saturday, 25 May 2013

London Baby yeah...

So, I love London! David hates London! So, i decided tough, i'm going anywhere. So my Sister in law Gina and my parents decided that Christmas would be a fun time to go! We weren't wrong!
I went by coach...CHEAP! and I met them there. Whilst waiting for them to arrive I got myself lost in a random shopping centre near the coach station. Ha ha, not the worst thing that could happen! I tried getting 'in the map' (friends...anyone..) but i'm useless and I found myself just wandering!
But actually I ended up visiting the Queen...along with a million other people...and not literally seeing the queen. But i waved and I enjoyed the frosty weather and reminded myself why London is so fun, Its just the buzz about the place. and we have a queen there.I mean, that's pretty cool right?! I sauntered along and just lapped up the memories of my dad taking me whilst I was small and watching the guards change and riding the tube etc. Fun!
Anyway, I eventually met up with my family and we checked into a hotel for the night. Gina snored! Loud! crazy Loud!
Anyway, before the snoring took p[lace, we went to catch a show, We saw WICKED! I love it and recommended it. My parents weren't totally thrilled...but they are old! Gina and I loved it though and again, i love the feel of London at night.We then went around the German markets and tried to get on the London eye but the que was looooong! so we booked for the next day and enjoyed the atmosphere and street entertainment.
After stuffing ourselves on hotel breakfast, we headed for the London eye again. Its pretty awesome. Although after 15 minutes i was all viewed out. Still, glad I did it though! We also did ice skating outside which i loved. Im not too bad at it either which makes for a better experience. It felt so festive skating around in the frost and snow to Christmas music. I missed David! holding hands with Gina just wouldn't have been the same!



                                                                 On the london eye!

 
                                                                            Ice skating!
We then headed to Harrods. I mean, who doesn't  Christmas shopping! OK, so i bought a gingerbread man for Joshy and a bauble. Not exciting but still a great experience.
We also visited M&M world. Guess what they sell...ha ha yes your right! Crazy how many people pay over the costs for M&Ms when a local shop sells them half the price! Still fun though!
Anyway, We then ate yummy food and then it was time to go home.
It was nice to have time without my babies but i missed them and adored their welcome home cuddles :) I still love London! And i want to go back soon!

No comments: