Wednesday, 2 October 2013

Cornwall holiday




So,we are very blessed with a wonderful family who look after and often spoil us. My mum bought us a holiday to Cornwall in September. We looked forward to it all year and weren't disappointed.
As a child I went to Cornwall most summers and loved it. The beach,walks,swimming,nice weather...and the views. Ohhh the views. I always have and always will love it. Well,we were not disappointed. 
We had a little villa right in the sea front, with a beach 5 minutes from our door. We stayed in hayle and it was beautiful. The weather wasn't great but we made the most of it. It was nice just being away for a full week just us. We have friends that we visited but Spent the majority of time just together. We did all kinds of things, my overall favourite being kite flying. We ended up buying 2 as David snapped the tail off one by accident. But the boys loved it and each had a go on the beach. I was amazed they kept it up all on their own. I was so proud and lapped up the memory! 
Joshy flying the kite :)
Samuel loving it as he ran along the beach!
We also went to a little steam train place. It's not open to the public normally but our friends knew someone who worked there. It was basically a group of men who built their own steam trains  and liked to have people to pull around. They were amazing. So tiny yet able to pull 3 people. Both boys loved the rides,and we didn't have to pay a penny so even better .
Samuel loving the trains...this shows how small they were.
Big Joshy smiles! Happy boy!
We explored the beach too. As I said,the weather wasn't great so we looked at it more as a walk rather than a seaside trip. They wore wellies and rain coats and probably enjoyed puddle splashing/jumping more whilst walking to the beach than the actual beach itself.

On another rainy day we also did paradise park.a mix between a farm and bird land . Perfect for our boys and us. Sam and I fed penguins which we both loved. Penguins are my favourite animal (with giraffes) and so to get to do this,for free,was amazing. We had a bucket of fish between us and could either throw them or let them eat out of our hands. Perfect. 
The boys highlight however was the soft play centre within the park. It got super wet so we left the animals for a while and headed in. They had huge bumpy slides which both boys fell in live with. Joshy isn't usually one for scary stuff but Sam was all for it. Joshy loved doing it sharing a mat with David or I. Samuel would do it on his own or with us, so long as he was doing it :) it was fun with us all racing. I wish I could of captured the moment on video or better pictures. 
Pure giddiness! Love it!
We decided to do the Eden project again...and again it was a hit. I don't know what it is about the place but we always have the best day there and the boys love it. Especially Joshy who has been 6 times now. Every time is different and fun. We highly recommend it. It's wonderful.
All in all, an awesome,busy yet relaxing fun holiday. We did end up spending £16.65 on a pasty...but that's another story ;)

No comments: