However,it makes it more special because the day before had brought around the biggest tantrum ever at school because he had been asked to draw his picture to be printed onto the annual per school tea towel that they sell in time for Christmas. Joshy was insisting that I or his teacher did it for him. And was devastated when I said no and we put it away (after 40minutes of crying). He has never wanted to draw and certainly never on demand and is so stubborn I thought he wouldn't do it. I'm not a pressure on person when it comes to stuff like that so I asked if he wanted to do it,he said no and I was fine. He obviously wanted to though as he really wanted the end product. So I said we'd try at home.
So today,when I said shall we try,the familiar moan of 'nooooooo' began so I gave up quickly saying its totally fine. But he decided,out of the blue that he wanted to and asked me to sit with him. All I said was 'let's do a round face'...everything else went from there.he designed his hair,his brain,his ears,legs,socks,shoes and smiley face all on his own. Mainly because I was in shock at how well he was doing it. He was soooo proud. Nothing compared to how proud and shocked I was. I just couldn't believe that after all this time,he had obviously been watching and had learnt how to do it.
Adorable. And he is now soooo excited for his tea towel. Oh,and when he took the picture to school,his teacher said she had found out that it had to be on a certain type of paper. Disaster... But no,he just did it again :) my little man can draw. I love it and will cherish it! Here's a picture! Enjoy!

No comments:
Post a Comment