Friday, 16 May 2014

Flowers and pretty things

Today I took the boys to the garden centre to get a planting tub and flowers for our front door area! It's a pretty grubby yard but I wanted them to have fun with some digging etc. firstly they loved the garden centre and played in all the sheds and play houses. My boys telly are the dream to take out and about and I'm so proud of them! 
Then I let them choose some flowers. Joshy wanted green ones. We compromised and bought something that looks green now but will hopefully grow into some flowers. Who knows! 
They enjoyed scooping the soil into the tub with a variety if spoons.
After about ten minutes they realised it was gonna take a while and so we tipped it in instead and Sam had a good play with it before we began planting. 
I was surprised how gentle they both were with the flowers and Samuel particularly enjoyed arranging them. Joshy liked holding the flowers and positioning hem so long as he didn't get too dirty. 
We are hoping that they will amount to something... But if not, it was certainly fun trying 😄

No comments: