Monday, 30 June 2014

Cakes!

Today Joshy asked within 5 minutes of being awake, if we could make fairy cakes. He said he needed them to grow. Well, who am I to stop him from growing. 
Now usually our baking sessions consist of me weighing, the boys mixing and them getting bored and me finishing up. 
This time was different. This time Joshy asked for his apron on, and Sam copied naturally. He carried his little table into the kitchen of his own accord and he announced he was ready. 
I have him the scales and off he went. Joshy did all the measuring and Sam did the pouring. They worked together to mix and had a great time. For the first time, both the eggs were cracked without the shell going into the bowl. They had one each so I was impressed. 
Then they put the paper cases in the tray before scooping the mix into them. It was adorable to watch. They both took great delight in licking the bowl and spoons and then Joshy thought he was so grown up when I let him wear the oven gloves and put the tray in the oven. His face was a picture and he wriggled with excitement. 
When the cakes were cool they even mixed and spooned on the icing followed by copious amounts if toppings and sprinkles etc. they literally had managed to make their own cakes! And loved every step of it. I was so proud because they even tasted good :) 
Ha ha I never said they looked good ;)

No comments: