For two hours a week the children form 18 months are introduced to and encouraged to attend nursery and primary. My boys haven't loved it and to be honest neither have I.
I hate that it's another time that I have to leave my boys. I hate that if i don't do it, I'm guilted into feeling I should. I hate that when I do do it, they are miserable most of the time.
What I hate most is that the people, although they try their best, are unqualified to look after so many children, have little resources to do it on and are, a lot of the time, strangers to my children. And just when they get used to them, get released and have to start again.
However, all that being said, Joshy is now 4.5 years old and I have trusted a friend, Emma, to look after him. It took is a year or so of going in with him and many disgruntled people along the way. But, for the first hour, Joshy will do primary without David and I. The second hour one of us has to be with him. Fair enough.
So today, after several failed and unhappy attempts, I decided I would take Samuel into nursery. It has a new leader and I was super happy with how it went. They now seem to have introduced some routine and less pressure and the children know what to expect. Samuel was happy to go off and play for the first time and was signing like a trooper to get his points and needs across.
I know I'm a fussy mum. But I also know that we need to do more for our children at such a young age. I think as a Mormon , most families have mums that stay home. Not all I know but I'm willing to bet it's more rather than less. I think it gets forgotten that those of us that don't have that option and have to work, might not want to be separated from our children yet again.
I have a testimony of the church. I know that my redeemer lives. I know it's true.
Now to figure out how to get my children feeling it on a Sunday... Which for us is the hardest day of the week.
No comments:
Post a Comment