Tuesday, 31 August 2021

My boy is going to big school...


My baby...who quite clearly isn't a baby anymore... is going to Hugh school next week and I may be dying inside a little bit. 

I'm so excited for him... it's exciting and new and he is ready... but its one thing closer to him not needing us anymore. One day closer to flying the nest. One day closer to realising that we probably haven't done this whole parenting thing as well as we could have. 

I think we have been lucky in the fact he still likes us so far... and we still do lots of fun things together. But he's getting big. And he is so talented. And so bright. And most of the time he is pretty perfect . They are so lucky to have him. 

I hope he realises how amazing he is... because I remember as a kid not believing in myself. But I hope we have done enough. 

The world is his oyster. He is the coolest 11...almost 12 year old I know 😄

No comments: