Wednesday, 5 April 2023

Strictly the best night!

I cant believe I'm telling you this but, we won the strictly come dancing lottery! 
As I opened my email I saw the headline 'congratulations' from the BBC. For the past 10 years I have applied to watch Strictly come dancing live and I finally get picked. The first and only person I wanted to come with me was Gina, my bestie and my sister in law. And we made it happen. We booked hotels, we changed our lives around and we rearranged hotels again ha. 
But, it was incredible. From lining up from 2am for u hours in torrential rain,with no umbrella and 2 sodding wet sleeping bags, to dressing up and watching my favourite dancer Johannas walk down the strictly steps. I was in my element. Our seats were incredible, watching the whole way it is filmed and presented was awesome and just being in a room full of fans was so much fun. 
We were dedicated to the cause and it paid off. Number 8 and 9 in line and I don't have one single regret. Plus, it was Halloween night! Amazing! The costumes, the music, the cheeky sweets from celebrities, the funny man who got the audience riled and ready, it was all so much fun. 
At the time I said 'I wouldn't do it again' because I'd done it now, but I know that absolutely, if my number came up again, I'd totally be there! 
Best. Night. Ever!! Oh, and we were on TV and  on the BBC news website after being interviewed in the line! We are the best! It for was worth every second! Also the kids loved watching it on TV and listening out for all my 'whoop whoops'.




 

No comments: