Wednesday, 5 April 2023

April 2023... time flies!

It's been a while. Not intentionally, but because time flies. What a year it has been so far. We have had so many lovely moments and made fun memories already. And it's only the beginning of April. We are very lucky. 

From birthdays, to snow days, to family trips to the aquarium, to lovely walks, legoland, school plays and baking sessions. I feel very blessed!

As an update:

David- David was made redundant from his last job in November, and has since gone back into teaching. He is in a local primary school and seems to be really happy 😊  He is also still a big as geek as ever, and plays board games at every opportunity. We are lucky to have other geeky friends that we spend a lot of time playing board games with too. He also loves having bubble baths, and for the record, last night had his longest bath ever at a record 4hrs 50 minutes! See... I told you it was worth putting on record 😛

Joshua: he is now in year 8. He is doing really well academically and never fails to try his best and impresses his teachers regularly. He recently was part of the new incoming year 7's induction evening which was lush. He has also taken up the violin which he is remarkably good at. He has a natural gift for music and I hope he sticks at it long term. He is also his father's son, and is a geek at heart. A wonderful, articulate, bright geek too with a heart of gold  I adore watching him learn how to navigate life and how to overcome things he finds difficult ❤️ 

Sam: Sam is 11 now and getting ready to leave primary school. He is feeling it and is nervous for September. The past year he has really come into his own. He has blossomed in year 6 and grown in confidence. He struggles with anxiety but is learning how to manage it better. He is becoming a football fan and loves to watch it and play it. Him and David are season ticket holders at Bristol City... I'm very jealous! Sam is also funny. He has a wonderful sense of humour and loves to make us laugh. He has grown his hair long and I love that he has... he is making decisions for him and I hope he always has the confidence to do that. 

Evie: Evie is 8 in w days time and, much like her mother, is very excited for the day all about her 😊 She is amazing. She is sassy, and funny and cheeky and craves to be the best friend ever. She is naturally kind and welcoming and energetic and she is not too much of a princess which I like. Evie is exactly what you see...she wears her heart on her sleeve. I know that she is going to find this hard a lot of her time in life, but I also think it is priceless. She is loyal and deeply, deeply loving and that will go so far. 

Karen(me): I changed jobs in September. Similar role, a DSL and a family support worker in a school, but more appreciated, better paid and more responsibilities. I also do full time hours pretty much.  I love it. I've never worked in a school like it. The need is high, the effort is great and it is physically and mentally exhausting. The school has 26 languages and is in a highly deprived area. Its challenging but maaaaan, I love it. I work hard. I try hard and I still have a long way to go. But I'm happy there which is a lot to be grateful for. 

I also have a lot of health issues going on which seems pretty constant. Woth chronic arthiritas and tonsilitas over and over again (they have finally agreed to take them out), high blood pressure, it's a lot. But I have the best husband. He loves me despite my aches and pains, despite me peeing when I sneeze and groaning when move 😂

We are happy. We are poor, we don't live in luxury and we are cold the majority of the time. But we are so happy and content and I am so grateful. 

We are lucky and blessed and making the best of life! 














No comments: