Thursday, 7 August 2008

Life...and everything that goes with it!

Do you ever think your just at a standstill...like nothing exciting is happening around you and sometimes you just want to get up and go and do something a little crazy? Me...I don't think i'm that way inclined. I think i used to be but now i've settled and 9/10 times i enjoy being in Bristol, knowing my surroundings and planning what things are going to take place. I have a fab husband, a decent job (with nice holidays) and lots of friends here to keep me entertained and loved. However,It suddenly dawned on me that no matter how comfortable I am, a little spontaneity wouldn't go astray. So... I decided that i'm going to try a little harder to be less like Monica geller and more like....Pheobe buffet :) It'll be interesting to see what happens!!


However, on a different note, here are a few pictures from a recent trip to Manchester we had. (The above is My sister in Law Gina and I). We visited my family and my friend had her little girl Emma blessed which was lovely. And then we headed to another friends house for games with all my friends that I grew up with. i don't have all that on picture (it was too much fun to pull out a camera) but i did get some snippets of fun over the weekend.

Ok...so the first think we had to do was familiarise ourselves with the guitar hero...So this is my oldest broither Mike demonstrating how to do it. He was actually pretty good too!


I however, focus and concentrate way too hard and then i'm still rubbish at it! I mean look at that face...can you concentrate any more than that?!?!

And then David, the most annoying person to game with in thew world, comes along and insists on beating as many people as possible...whilst sitting down!!

We then went to Pine Lakes where we spent the day in the ppol, jacuzzi, sauna, steam room, at the lake, playing air hockey...all fun stuff to do for free :) This was me trying to make friends with the ducks. You'll notice they are all running away...Didnt do too well really!!

Then i played in the park...why not! Its fun, its free and for me it was challenging!


I know I said I didnt get any pictures of my friends etc...however, we did capture a cute picture of Sophia, Rohaise and Jared's little girl. she looks cute here but shes way cuter in life :)
so yeah, that was another weekend of fun. So far this week has been a bit dull though. Its done nothing but rain and we're skint. A trip to ASDA nad TESCO has been the hight o far :) OOhh, i have however been doing a lot of swimming for the past three weeks...2-3 times a week in the pool aint too bad! Not exciting though...sorry! I hope you have a better week weather wise than we're having :)

1 comment:

Bombshell Char said...

Karen you wild thing! Enjoy the holidays as its raining here too and I'm stuck in an office!

Oh, and before the rumor reaches you through other channels, I'm pretty blasted pregnant right now. 12 weeks, baby's due in February!