Well yesterday was a dream come true. Sounds drastic you might think but i finally fulfilled another of my dreams...to graduate!!! Heres a picture to start us off..
It took place at Bristol cathedral on Sat 15th November. Of course i was very excited, I'd worked my butt off to even pass the course never mind get a 2.1. so, as you can imagine it turned into a family thing and we all met us for the weekend, except one of my borthers who had to work. Here we all are:
It was a very odd feeling actually...whilst I was sat on the stage listening to the dull but i'm sure very bright and intelligent man talking about...well i have no idea...i took a minute to think about what I had accomplished and how i'm running out of dreams to fulfil. And more importantly, how they all interlink with each other...via someone who means everything to me...
...you all knoew who i meant. Its David. Without him i know I wouldn't have been able to do allthat I have. In the almost 3 years since I've been married (which was a dream completed already), I have passed a driving test (one dream), started uni and finished it (another dream) and got a job which I love(another dream). Without him, i would have given up. People may think we are an odd couple, perhaps crazy at times but ya know what, its perfect!!! We're perfect...for each other i mean :) That's why this picture means so much to me. So, if you ever read this Davey, THANK YOU!!!Some more people that I have grown to love a lot are these two lovely ladies which you might of seen snippets of on here before:
Kellie and Vicki...my uni buddies and hopefully now life buddies!! Together we caused nothing but trouble and disrupted many a class...however, we always surprised and never failed a thing (i think i was the most shocked at this). We had a good old time and we celebrated together yesterday and I'm very lucky to have them as friends :)So, the final pic is a traditional graduation picture...but its one that makes me smile. Throwing the hats...your not allowed but we managed to convince everyone to do so :) 3 throws later, we got some fab pictures.
I loved it. I loved the whole day actually!! It felt a little like my wedding day when i was so chuft to be marrying my best friend...this time i was so chuft to see a dream come true and to share it with those that mean the most to me :) I wish my mother in law could have seen it too as she helped a lot but tickets etc...but hey, she helped too so THANK YOU MUM IN LAW!!It reminded me of how important it is to chase dreams...i was sat in bed last night and im lucky enough to have completed 4 of 5 dreams that i had. Those were:
1) To fulfil a mission
2)to Get married in the Temple to Davey
3)To graduate
4)To drive and
5) to have children...we're working on that one :)
so now Im going to have to think of some more...I have a few in mind and I hope im lucky and blessed enough to see them come true!!
Anyway, I hope your all happy and looking forward to Father christmas coming...I CAN'T WAIT!!!
2 comments:
awhh so lovely to read, and to see all your dreams come to pass. We had sister's move in to the ward in July, around the time you and Sister McKinley arrived and I was pregers then too, like I am now. (We hadn't had any since Sister Mc Kinley left). I have thought quite a bit about you both, as they remind me of you. Hope I can read about how their lives progress after the mission too!!
Great post! Congratulations! What course was it that you did?
I really need to spend some time thinking up some new great dreams to achieve.. there must be something cool I want to do or become...
Post a Comment