Last night we let him choose a starting school eve tea. He chose Pizza Hut which made him happy!
Then this morning he requested pancakes for breakfast. With Nutella. So luckily he started school in the afternoon so we had plenty if time.
This was the best shot I could get but he had actually finished his four pancakes!
Then he chilled in the bath for a while and then he had the task of putting his uniform on. I wanted to make sure (again) that he could get it all on and off. Everything painstakingly, had had a name label applied previously...
... And he was excited to get dressed! It was strange watching him. A uniform automatically makes them look grown up. Here's the end product...
He likes his summer cap a lot.
Our biggest boy!
When we dropped him off he went straight in, no messing around. He was fab. And then we arrived in time to pick him up and I could peek him through the window waiting with his finger on his lip to come out. He seemed to really enjoy it but Joshy doesn't share a lot of thoughts and feelings. We defiantly need to figure out a way of getting him to talk about his day more because today all we got was 'I don't remember' which actually was really frustrating! I didn't tell him that, but I'm eager to know what's happening.
As the day progressed I can't help but feel it's such a shame we start them so young. It's a lot for a little one to take. And it starts now for the next 14 years minimum. It's the beginning of a long road and it just leaves me unsettled. And sad. I'm so pleased today went well but it's so hard to manage all the emotions of it.
I'm sure I will get over it :) and as long as he is happy, so are we x




No comments:
Post a Comment