Tuesday, 5 September 2017

Back to school..sept 2017

It's the night before the morning after and I have had that gloomy feeling all day. There's not much I hate more than sending my boys off to school, especially after a long break with them.
Summer has been uneventful whilst being lovely. We've spent time together , feasted out on all things Potter. Visited several castles. Been swimming a few times. Been to the zoo twice. Been to the beach. Stayed in a caravan. Had camp fires. Slept in a tent. Painted a tee pee.  Been to the farm. Played lots of top trumps. Watched way too much tv and played computer games galore. But it's been nice and relatively relaxing. For some reason though it never feels enough.  I dont like my children growing up. It breaks my heart to send them to school when they don't really want to be going. I wish I'd paid them more attention. Played more. Been less bothered about cleaning. Let them stay up later. Been less grumpy.
Parenting is hard but I adore every minute with them. I hope they know how much I love them and how much I believe in a good education or else I wouldn't bother sending them anywhere ever again ha.
I'm now onto hunting for fun ideas for after school. Goodbye summer. It's been fun. Roll on the October holidays. One of my faves!!
And to my wonderful boys... I hope this year treats you well. I hope you find joy in the small and simple things. I hope your mind expands beyond what you thought was possible. I hope you make and are a good friend. I hope you always believe that you can. I hope you are always happy and more than anything, I hope that you never ever EVER doubt our love for you x

No comments: