Wednesday, 11 October 2017

Joshua update

Oh this boy melts my heart daily!
Joshy really is amazing. He's almost 8 now and is really being a boy who knows what he wants. I wanted to list a few things about why he is so amazing.
Joshy came out of school a couple of weeks ago excited that his little brother had chosen him to be chair monitor (they sit in assembly and see which kids are well behaved...i know...but it's huge to them). So the week after I asked him who he had chosen on his turn to choose. He told me 'I chose bob (name changed) because he was really sad that he hadn't got a certificate. So I thought it would make him happier. And it did'.
Last week he came out of school really really excited that he had put himself forward to be on the school council. He had to write a proposition speech putting forward his ideas as to why he would be a good candidate and what he would do to benefit the school. Today he got the results and people had voted him in. When I asked him what he plans to do he said
'I'd like to change the infants playground because I think it's a bit boring for them (he is a junior). He continued saying 'people like to play and have fun and at the moment it's not very fun for little children'.
I tell you these examples because joshy is constantly thinking about others and strives to make others happy. He sees the best when others don't. He has a way of getting on people's levels and finding something in common with them.
He is a wonderful example of kindness, loyalty and trust and we are so proud of him.
He currently wants to be an artist and possibly a writer...or both. He is extremly talented at both drawing and writing and recently loved a trip to the Cheltenham literacy festival where he soaked up ideas about how to write differently and how to mix his ideas in with the ideas that others may like.
Joshy is learning how to swim. He's still braving putting his head in the water but the last year has seen a huge difference in confidence and he really enjoys showing us his skills.  In our church chikdren normally get baptised at aged 8 if they feel they are ready to take that step. Due to joshys fear of going under water, that is on hold at the moment but as of yet, its still very much still on the cards.
The video youbsee at the top is a little 1 hour date we managed to squeeze in after I picked joshy up from a play date. He begged to take an evening trip to the park and I'm so glad we did.
For those of you who know him, I can assure you your life is better and youbarr lucky to have him in it.
For those who don't know him...please get too. He really is a special boy and he has the power to change your life!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Josh you are amazing... never ever change xx