Friday, 31 May 2019

May half term

We have had such a nice and relaxed half term. I've worked a few days but we have still managed a couple if cinema trips...my personal favourite was Aladdin but evies was definitely paw patrol...boring. we had some lovely forest walks, a castle trip. David took the kids to cannon for a stream adventure whilst I worked. We had fish and chips and ended with a library visit. It's been lovely and I'm appreciating just how wonderful and amazing my children are. Hard work but worth it. 
Another new thing is that Evie has taken a liking to sleeping in with the boys in their triple bunk. They all love it. But getting her back in her bed is proving hard work so I think we may just leave it...plus, it's fun for them. 
I've been working hard at work recently. And working on my own mental health. I've been trying to prioritise and sometimes get it wrong. I lovey job and I work hard because a)I live the children I care for b)I hate the stigma that all nursery nurses do is play with kids and nothing else. I believe we play a vital part in their early development and I'm determined to do the best I can. C) I enjoy it and I think I'm good at it. But in order to get everything done I've sometimes missed vital things. School pta stuff, picking them up from school, missing an evening with just them. So I'm trying to prioritise and figure stuff out. Plus, with ongoing arthiritas and blood pressure issues and other things we have going on, mental health is at the forefront of my mind. It isnt talked about enough and I'm learning that it's ok to be a little bit crazy at times. And it's ok to ask for help. And it's ok to need help too. But it's all part of a busy life at the moment that as always, is worth the hard work. My family is amazing . Maybe not for everyone else, but they are for me and I'm relishing in the moments that happen daily and for free instead of the big expensive times. 
Life is hard but hard things brings  about great things! 













No comments: