It's crazy at the moment isn't it... crazy, scary, strange, different... so many words and non of them seem to do 'now' any justice. Surreal perhaps is closer. Either way, I'm sure everyone is feeling slightly out of the norm and I wanted to record it. For a number of reasons. Writing has always been a good way for me to release feelings and emotions. But also, looking back, this is going to be a moment in History that is taught to our grandchildren. I think it would be interesting for them to have family member records of it!
At present, we are all in social isolation... or supposed to be. Whether people are following the guidelines or not I dont know but we as a family are. Home school (or whatever we choose to call it) started on friday although we have had since wednesday, because I was home and I thought why not! We are racking our brains to entertain all day and have decided that screen and computer time is most definitely on the agenda. Because I will not manage otherwise. Plus, my children are pretty good at turning it off on request and engaging with other things. We also have plans for lots of walks. Luckily living in the forest makes that easier.
However, I'm aware that this is going to be a struggle we go through together mainly because we were all unprepared for it, we all want to get it right and we all don't really know how. And that's ok.
My biggest struggle is the thought of not seeing other people, losing contact, missing memories. However, I've also thought about the value of friendships and this as just something the strongest friendships will overcome.
But...for the sake of everyone, please stick to the rules. Please stay home if you are able. Please choose kind when you really don't want to. And please, don't be too hard on yourself. It's ok to watch tv all day at this point. Just cuddle and enjoy!
Heres a peek at some of the things 5 days at home have given us... bear in mind I have 2 boys that arent as keen to have photos!
Flower pressing
Maths work
Forest walksMaths puzzles
Music time!





No comments:
Post a Comment