I grew up with three older brothers and have some lovely memories with them. From late night discos and playing man hunt in 'the meadows' to hiding out in a falling down garage and playing football on the local field, we did all sorts. I can't claim it was always good... i have stab mark's in my leg to prove that... but it was a great part of growing up.
We are very lucky in that generally, our children get on really well, especially the boys. Best friends would be a good description of their relationship. However, the past couple of days Evie has learnt to play without having to be entertained and the boys have wanted to play more with her. They have walked and explored together, drawn together, written stories together, designed and dug out bug houses together and today, sun bathed together.
I believe that in times like this, family is what matters most. Loving who you live with is a sure way to be happier. My heart was softened as I listened to them making plans together today, knowing that this difficult time wasn't affecting them in the midst of their play together. In a time of uncertainty, I feel lucky to have this time with them to witness their bond develop and watch them learn and grow together as they grow into a threesome of best friends!




No comments:
Post a Comment