Thursday, 26 March 2020

There is peace to be found...

If the past year has taught me anything, its that there is peace in the most random of places. I used to think it came from a specific church at a specific time from specific people. I've since learnt otherwise and I've experienced peace in many ways. Sat at a desk, taking a walk, sharing a meal... the everyday things. I'm very grateful to have gained an insight into what peace can feel like.
Today Corona, and life got the best of me. I woke feeling anxious and have spent the day feeling the same. I took a walk by myself this evening and just enjoyed not being around distractions. The forest is truly beautiful and I went to one of my favourite spots. I let myself feel what I wanted to feel and not fight it. It's kind of relaxing to embrace it. These times are strange. There are things I miss and things I am glad I can't do. Moments like this are so rare that I'm grateful to have them...in such a weird way!

No comments: